Monday, January 02, 2012

family Christmas


Happy New Year!

I did not intend for such a long time to pass before I posted here.  The month of December was busy with sewing, wrapping, baking and fudge making.  It was great fun preparing for Christmas - we were heading to northern Illinois to meet all the kids and grands.  The only missing person was Daniel's fiance, Laura.

We went to a wonderful Christmas Eve service at Harvest Bible Chapel in Elgin, IL.  I cried.  They had a beautiful song - complete with singers from all over the world on the video screen.  The message was moving; but what really did me in was having Pat singing next to me, Jon singing behind me and Nathan singing on the other side.  Surround sound from my guys (Daniel had responsibilities at his church and couldn't join us until Christmas night).

Here are a few snapshots of our time together:




Nate cuddling with 3 month old Lainey -click on the picture to see the look in her eyes. "Who is that man?"





Lainey sleeping in Grandpa's arms.






                                                    
Josh and Sadie sitting on a couch I made for the girls (I made Josh's pj pants too - they are very wide - wish he lived close enough for frequent fittings!)







A thoughtful Sadie (sorry Sades - didn't mean to cut off the top of your head!) modeling the blouse I made for her.






Kudo, Nate and Michelle's long suffering dog. She is not a fan of little kids, but quietly and peacefully moped in various corners of the house until we left.







The uncles with the nieces. From left to right: Sadie, Nathan, Lainey, and Daniel.






Sitting on the little couch I made watching Larry Boy. This reminded me of Mystery Science Theatre 3000. Anybody ever see that?





Three on a couch watching Veggie Tales. Mesmerized.

Jon, Kristi and the kids.

I failed to get any pictures of Nate and Michelle together.  Also none of the whole family (somebody was always napping, crying, or running to the store it seemed).  The ten of us were only together for 36 hours once Daniel arrived, but it was a very blessed 36  hours.

So very thankful for our family!

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and that 2012 will be a year filled with blessings!

1 comment:

Kathy ... better known as Nana said...

I would definitely sew more for my grands if I could have fittings. ;-)