Monday, June 11, 2012

Project: Use it up.


I have decided to revive ye olde blogge to chronicle my latest project.

We are planning to sell our home,had a ridiculous offer last week, not only really low ball, but they wanted us out in 11 days, we countered in good faith, but they rejected our counter. 

So.  I do not need to pack up all our worldly possessions in 11 days, but I do want to take advantage of the immense adrenalin rush that occurred when faced with that prospect.

Hence: Project: Use it up.

I do not have a huge fabric stash, but I do have an excess of fabric - some of it is in the form of UFO (unfinished objects), some in the form of fabric bought because of a really good sale.

Therein lies the problem.  Something that is bought on sale is only a good deal if it eventually gets used.  And 'eventually' should probably have a statute of limitations, no?  Say 5 years or less?  ~Smile~

The first plan for Project:Use it up. is something for granddaughter Sadie's second birthday.  In 10 days.  I've pulled the above fabric out of my stash and hope to turn it into something wonderful in a few days.

Stay tuned.

Please join me?  I'd love some company in this endeavour.  Most of us have unfinished items sitting around the house.  Dust them off, and turn them into something useful or beautiful.  Leave a comment to let me know of your intentions and if you have a blog, I'll post links to Project: Use it up. on my sidebar.  Don't expect any fancy 'buttons' or linky thingies.  I'm doing good just to get back to blogging.

I'll try to post at least once a week.  My camera is not on speaking terms with this desktop computer and my laptop is not on speaking terms with dial-up internet we have here at home.  So, I need to bring my laptop to a wifi in town to post pics.  If I post more than once a week, it will be something of a miracle.

Okay, no more excuses.  Off to the sewing machine!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Testing....

Anonymous said...

i will be following you and your projects! you are inspiring me to deal with my own cabinet full of UFO's! :) ~ bama

Anonymous said...

I found it! I will also follow this. Tomorrow I am going to town to do errands. I plan on taking with me a box or bag of things to get rid of at the thrift store. Thank you for your inspiration!
acabin42

Lady Farmer said...

So good to hear from you again! You have been missed!
I started some dresses for the grands after Christmas to give to them to wear for Easter. STill not done! Need to get them finished before they are too small for them to wear!
There are many more projects, much older projects, but they will have to wait till I finish the dresses and continue to work in the garden. Maybe it will rain so I will be able to get them done! :~D

TNfarmgirl said...

Beautiful fabric - moving? Me too...perhaps :)

Cheri said...

Okay bama and acabin42 - we are in this together.

Lady Farmer, so good to hear from you - maybe you can post progress on your 'use it up' projects on your blog.

TNfarm girl -do tell!!!!