Sunday, June 24, 2012

visitors


When we first met him, he was a peeping tom.  Peeking and peeping at our bathroom window. Perhaps he saw his reflection and thought it was a competitor.  He visited the window repeatedly.  You could almost hear him saying, "You want a piece of me? Bring it!"

A leisurely stroll around our yard revealed Mama sitting on a nest carefully concealed in a hydrangea bush.  She patiently and quietly sat on the nest. We never got to see any babies though.



Pat snapped this great shot of Mr. Cardinal.
In addition to being entertained by the Cardinal family, I finally finished my black skirt.  Sorry, no pictures, you'll just have to take my word for it.  I bought the black cotton jersey fabric over a year ago.  With great intentions.

Sometime last year I also drafted a pattern that fits me perfectly.  Wish I could remember where I got the instructions for this.  I used this quick and easy pattern to make the skirt.  It took less than two hours.  Two hours and one year that is.

I don't' know why I procrastinate on projects like this.  No doubt, some deep psychological problem.

Use it up projects will be on the back burner for the next few weeks.  We are having a open house for area realtors on Wednesday.  In the spirit of using it up, I'm fixing a light lunch using mostly things we have on hand.

Lemonade
Zucchini/apple muffins (our apples are ripe on our tree - in June! That never happened in the Northwoods!)
Ham/cream cheese wraps
Brownies
Fresh fruit (Peaches?  Grapes?  Melon?)

A few days after our open house, my sis and niece arrive for several days.  And my brother's family will come down to spend time with us all as well.  Don't tell them that there will be shredded zucchini in the spaghetti sauce.

Then a few days after they all leave, my aunt and uncle arrive.  I'll probably make zucchini fritters or quiche.

So no 'use it up' projects until mid-July.   Unless you count using up zucchini.

(Might have to try this recipe.  Supposedly it tastes like pineapple!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could probably sneak a zucchini or two into the cheese wraps and brownies! I dug some out of the bottom of my chest freezer to make room for new stuff and stirfried the soggy zucchini with other veggies. Ludwigs strawberries were very early this year, they have come and gone. Put up strawberries and peaches. Yum. Cute things you are making. I have been giving away homeschooling things to the new batch of parents starting fresh. Declutter, declutter, declutter....Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey, girlfriend. Have you fallen off the planet? Guess I should get on facebook......me and my antiquated life-style...loving working under your son on worship team. Linda

John Smith said...

I noticed that on the social triggers concerning page you hide the navigation bar therefore the solely action offered on-page area unit the e-mail.

Daniel bird said...

I additionally found terribly confusing once I need to post a discuss an awfully previous article. these days it appears that everybody`s employing a anti-spam perform in their diary. Orthodontist Lafayette

Daniel bird said...

It encourages several readers to offer their valuable comments. South Berkeley Orthodontics