Wednesday, October 31, 2012

popping in for a bit

Been a while.

Here is what has been going on here lately:

Jon and Kristi have moved to Arizona to serve in a church there.  Instead of 1,000 miles away, they are now 2,000 and they have taken our grandchildren with them.  Thankfully Las Vegas is not too far away and loves to entice people to visit with low air fares.  I've been once when they moved - road trip with Kristi and the grands.

Northern Arizona and New Mexico are so different from what we are used to.  But it is beautiful - not Northwoods beautiful, but beautiful all the same.

Mom's descent into  Alzheimer's continues.  It has been a year of rapid decline.  Up until about a month ago, I would say she still knew me, but now I am not so sure.  Dad is still caring for her at home and I help as much as I can.

Our house has been on the market for 8 months, but as of today we are taking it off for a while.  I now will reclaim my pristine dining room and turn it into a sewing/craft room where I can work on projects, make messes and leave them there.

We had two skunks take up residence under our home in Sept.  Yeah, that was fun.  We are now two skunks and several hundred dollars lighter.

I still enjoy giving piano lessons and earlier this year my former choir director (we go to a different church now) asked if I would come back to choir - just to play parts.  Their regular pianist cannot come on Wednesday nights anymore.  So I said, 'yes!' and am really enjoying it.  The pressure of pieces beyond my sight reading ability keeps me at the piano for the better part of an hour each day.

We have started a neighborhood small group.  I'll share some of what we have been studying in a future post.  Thought-provoking, life-changing stuff.

I don't plan to pop in every day, but I will try to blog more often.  I miss the accountability of blogging (I feel a self- imposed pressure to have something to show for my days around here).  Hope you don't mind listen to me blather on and that you will take time to comment once in a while.

Okay, then, off to the 'sewing' room!

1 comment:

Mama and Papa Shep said...

Glad you are back.