Sunday, September 22, 2013

for the record



Regular blogging fell by the wayside the past few years, for a number of reasons.

But I have felt a tugging to return to it, for my own sake, whether anyone reads this or not.

Blogging kept me accountable.  These past few years as Mom has declined into Alzheimer's Disease, my blogging mojo, such as it was, took a hiatus.

Now that Mom is in Memory  Care and Dad has moved close to here (they are about 15 miles from us), the daily checking up on them and helping as I can has diminished to =2-4 times a week.

Knowing that this time was coming and also knowing that it takes an average of 14 months to sell a home, we put our home on the market last year.  We have been on the market for about 18 months and so far only one ridiculously low offer.

But I am confident of GOD's sovereignty. In the past few months, my brother has taken a job in middle Tennessee, in a town where Mom and Dad once lived.  Dad, especially, loved it there.

He plans to return there at the beginning of next year and has found a beautiful facility for Mom close to him.  My brother and his family will provide welcome support, as we have for the past five+ years.

Our plan is to return to our beloved Northwoods, our home of 30 years, where we will be much closer to our children and grandchildren

When our house sells that is.

For now we wait.  And keep the house clean.

Waiting is hard work.  It feels as though we are treading water at times, not moving forward or backward, just keeping our heads above water.

But I don't believe that GOD intended us to live 'just keeping our heads above water'.   He gave us life, to be lived abundantly and I intend to utilize this space to record the abundant life that HE has blessed us with.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

In order to have life to the full, I am not going to spend my days re-dusting my house in case someone comes to look at it.  I plan to embrace my family, my friends, my church, my home and tend to the many opportunities I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you, Cheri. You are missing the first Northwood's snowfall today, Oct 20. Linda