Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day visitor

One of the more elusive residents showed up very, very near our back patio last night.

The door was open since it was a gorgeous day yesterday.  All that stood between me and Mr. Bear was a flimsy screen door.  He looked at me, I looked at him.  Then I ran...to get my ipad.  Never thinking to close the glass door.  The last few slices of pizza were on the kitchen counter and how was I to know that isn't what attracted him in the first place?  He could have easily bashed the door in and helped himself.

I returned wth the ipad (it was much closer than my camera) and went outside to stalk him.  I did look around a few times to see if he had any company.  He didn't.  Strangely, I felt no fear.  Just curiousity.  And we all know what that does to cats....

I called two of our condo neighbors to tell them to look out their patio windows.  Mr. Bear tore down a bird feeder and just generally hung out here until the neighbor in the other end condo started hollering at him.

Then he loped off into the woods.

It was so cool.  I could *bearly* contain my excitement.

Oh, and by the way?  We live in town.





No comments: