Monday, October 06, 2014

Deer examples


As I type this a friend is having her kidney removed.  Cancer.
Another friend is near death. Cancer.
Some elderly friends are facing some difficult health situations.

My schedule is full, there is still pile of produce to process, and multiple Bible study lessons to prepare including one to teach.

It is tempting to be anxious.
~~~~~~~
We have a LOT of deer in our area.  They seem very comfortable with our presence and when we are close to them, they seldom bound away in fear, but rather, just saunter away a few steps.  

With all that is going on in our personal lives, not to mention the world, I am tempted to leap away in fear.

But our four legged friends (pictured above) remind me of Psalm 42:1:

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O GOD.

No bounding away in fear, but a longing to spend time with GOD, in prayer; in His Word.  Staying close to Him is the only way to walk through difficult times.

No comments: