Sunday, October 19, 2014

Too quiet

                          


The super heroes and busy bee are headed back for Iowa now.

And Grandma and Grandpa's house is way too quiet.

Left behind are some stray crumbs on the counters and floors, a leaf collection on the bench, their life size portraits and great memories.

I love being with my grandchildren.  Funny, energetic folks they are.  Sweet.  With a little pinch of naughty thrown in so they will know, like their grandparents do, that they will need a Savior.  Forgiveness.

After saying good-by to them earlier, I pondered these verses:


11 and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,
12 so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.
I Thessalonians 4:11-12 


Now that the kids are gone it is time for me to get busy and 'work with my hands'.

Busy like that cute little bee.


No comments: