Thursday, November 06, 2014

Factoring John

      I'm excited to host our ladies' Bible study this afternoon at our new to us  home.   I am so thankful that we have the ability and the privilege to gather in our living room and study God's Word together.

We are slowly but surely working our way through John and today we will park on the third chapter for a while.

I ask God as I study each week to teach me how to teach.   This week as I worked through the familiar words of John 3:16, I thought of algebra.

Huh?

Remember high school Algebra?  I actually ( nerd alert) enjoyed algebra.  Especially factoring.

Factor 32. 2x2x2x2x2=32
Factor 36.  2x2x3x3=36         

So I began to 'factor' John 3:16

For God loved
For God so loved
For God so loved the world
For God so loved the world that He gave
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son
Whoever believes in Him
Whoever believes in him shall not perish    
Whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life

Breaking the verse down like this helps me focus on each separate Truth contained within.  Amazing how much hope and life and joy one little verse one little verse can give.          

Many of us thought algebra had no real life application.  Who knew it could be used in Bible study?

                           
                                        woke up to this this morning
                   

No comments: