Monday, November 17, 2014

Only a flesh wound


The irreverent movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail has a scene where the character called the Black Knight is guarding a bridge.  Arthur comes upon him and expresses his need to cross the bridge but the overly zealous knight refuses to allow it.  A fight ensues which gruesomely results in Arthur hacking off, one by one, the arms of the knight.  Arthur is puzzled that the knight refuses to acquiesce; the knight insists that his injuries are 'just a flesh wound!'.

As ridiculous as that scene is one has to admire the Black Knight's intrepid spirit.  That never give up attitude.  I've had to remind myself of that phrase several times during the past week.   This busted up elbow of mine is 'only a flesh wound'.

I declared last Thursday 'GET OFF THE COUCH ALREADY ' Day.  I was tired of sitting around thinking of everything I couldn't do.

So now, even though everything takes much longer and I must go:


I choose to follow the life giving words in Philippians 4:4-7:



4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


That feels so much better.  After all, this shattered elbow?

  'Tis only a scratch'.

3 comments:

Laura Wipperman said...

I LOVE you, Cheri! And I love your spirit. Thank you for your musings/ramblings. They encourage us all <3
Laura

swansmith said...

Hang in there, Sis! At least the rabbit didn't send you over the abyss because you weren't sure of your favorite color! ;)
~Suzi

Cheri said...

Thank you Laura! Hope to see you this weekend!

And, Suzi, :)