Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Post surgery

                                   




The specifics:

10 inch incision
One plate
4 pins 
1 screw
1 piece of coral

Hardware and biological ware.  The coral is uniquely compatible with bone and if I understand correctly will kind of meld into the place that was chipped and form a smoother surface.

Simply amazing.  I have a piece of coral, from the ocean, in my elbow.

Blessings:

My nurse practioner, during my pre-op physical, prayed with me.
My surgeon during my pre-op consult laid hands on me and prayed for me.

Great staff at the surgical center.  All were kind and helpful. In fact, every medical professional (at least a dozen in this past week) have been great to work with.

My wonderful husband who is taking fantastic care of me.

Family and friends who love, email, text and call to check on me.  Email is best right now, my voice is pretty weak.

A beautiful home to recuperate in.

As I drifted in and out of sleep last night, the phrase 'the fellowship of His suffering' kept coming to mind.

I looked up the reference this morning:

10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death,


Elisabeth Elliot defines suffering as 'wanting something you don't have or having something you don't want'.


By that definition, I guess I currently qualify as one who suffers.


But when I think of His suffering on our behalf?  This is nothing.


Through the night, I thought of those who are in far worse shape than I am.  I have lots of time to pray for others who are suffering.  


And to know Him, more and more.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hitting the Like button. Not for the surgery but for the attitude :) Love ya, Ann

Diane Price said...

Don't try to rush things. Take it easy and take your pain meds. My husband and I will continue to pray for a full recovery. Big hug (it is a gentle one).