Wednesday, November 12, 2014

That's gonna leave a mark....

                              
We received a little over 16 inches on Monday and Tuesday.  After the plow came through I headed out for a walk.

About a half mile into my walk, I went down.  Hard.

To make a long story short, 7 hours later, a visit to my nurse practitioner and the E.R. I had a diagnosis:

The verdict: fractured lateral humeral condoyle and epicondoyle. AND a superior/proximal displacement of the articular component of this fracture.

In English? Broke my elbow. Bad. 


Turns out breaking your humeras isn't all that humorous.


So, now I'm waiting for an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon, who is, one more example of GOD's loving kindness, a family friend.  He mentioned something about pins or screws.


He will put this Humpty-Dumpty back together again.


And all my talk about my minimized wardrobe the other day?  I wrecked my right boot when I fell.  There is a five inch cut across the top.  And, we had to cut me out of my black blouse yesterday because the sleeve would not fit over the splint.   Now my wardrobe collection has taken an unexpected turn.  I have commandeered 3 of Pat's large short-sleeved shirts, since that is all that will fit over the splint.


It is quite the look.


I have so much to be thankful for.  A doting husband.  Breaking the left elbow and not the right.  Beautiful winter scenes out every window.  Loving family and friends.

And GOD, Who knit me together in my mother's womb is doing a little extra repair work on me now.



1 comment:

swansmith said...

Oh, my! Are they giving you any sort of timeline? Do you need new boots or a couple of tops?
You always have such a wonderful attitude about everything. Hope you heal quickly and happy you have such wonderful friends and family nearby. Wish I were closer!
<3 Suzi