Monday, November 03, 2014

voices





       

One says, "Hi."   One says, "Hel-lo" with the emphasis on the first syllable.   One says, "Hey, mamacita!"

These are typically the ways they greet me on the phone.

Their voices are very similar and it takes this mama a micro second to determine which son is calling (caller ID helps too  :) ).  But I do know the slight differences in the voices of my boys of mine.

I listened to the remembrances of my daughther-in-love's uncles this past weekend as they shared memories of her father, who died a few weeks ago, I noted the similarities in their voices too.

I pray that, going forward, as she hears the voices of her uncles, it will bring her comfort.  The sound of her dad's voice lives on in his brothers.

Our daughter-in-love exhibited grace and confidence and poise the whole weekend, as we knew she would.  We continue to pray for her comfort.

~~~~~~~~

John 10:27New International Version (NIV)

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


These next two months will be very busy.

Welcoming a new grandson!!!

*sewing projects

*children's church lessons and events

*preparing for two Bible studies each week (one to teach, one to participate)


*preparing a portable Thanksgiving dinner as we share Thanksgiving and Christmas at the same time with all the kids and grands

*getting acclimated to my new volunteer job; keeping some things the same and tweaking other things a bit.  


We just returned from one trip ito Illinois and will make two more in the next six weeks.



But the most important thing for me to do is to listen to HIS Voice.  To determine what is necessary to do and what is best left undone.

He speaks to me; He knows me.  I want to follow Him.  

I need to quiet my heart and schedule so that I can hear Him.

What do you do to block out the noise of the world so you can hear His Voice?

No comments: