Monday, December 01, 2014

frozen with granola

 Three below zero this morning.  Wind chill of 20-25 BELOW zero.

Since I cannot zip my coat up thanks to my arm being in a sling, today will be spent at home; hopefully accomplishing a thing or two.

One thing on the to do list is homemade crockpot granola.  I thought the recipe was from Laine's letters, but now I can't find it.  Hmmm.

Single-handedly (literally), I have assembled the ingredients: old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick),
coconut oil, honey, vanilla.


These will be assembled in proper proportion in my ancient crock pot, vented with a chopstick ( to prevent moisture build up) and stirred every 30 minutes or so.

With the addition of vanilla and cinnamon, it will smell heavenly in here.



A very good way to start the month of December.

What is your favorite granola recipe?

2 comments:

Laura Wipperman said...

Cinnamon Almond Granola is my current favorite granola:
http://doterrablog.com/essential-recipe-cinnamon-almond-granola/

Cheri said...

Oooh, that sounds yummy Laura!