Friday, December 05, 2014

told ya I fell


Cast is off.  Stitches are out.  No sign of infection.  Lots of swelling, but that will diminish.

Doctor was happy with my progress.

Me?

Happy, happy, happy.

I now have a 10 degree range of motion with my bendable brace.  The goal:  180 degrees.  I've got a ways to go, but I am determined.

My friend N. who has a new business of foot care for the elderly practiced on my feet yesterday.  I felt very pampered.  It was wonderful, except for the fact that my feet are so ticklish, I kept pulling back from her.

I explained to another friend what N. does. 

"So, does she give you a pedophile?"

No.  she most certainly does not.  

Yikes.

Not even a pediCURE.

Simply a trim, a buffing off of callouses and a good soaking followed up with lotion.

It was a sweet gift of love and compassion.

AND, as if that weren't enough (and it was!), she brought us a delicious supper.

We are so blessed.



No comments: