Thursday, January 01, 2015

2015!?!?!?!

Happy New Year!

It will be a quiet day here at our little house in the woods.

I'll spend some time crunching budget numbers while hubby watches bowl games and or goes ice fishing.

I'll inventory the fridge, freezer and pantry and make a menu plan for the month.  I hope to stay out of the grocery store as much as possible in January.

Now that I have the brace off my arm, I am planning to do some sewing.  I am making a Christmas stocking for a baby shower in a few weeks.  I will fill it with a few things from Walgreens sales.  The fabric is all from my stash.  

I also need to sew up several sleeves I unpicked to accommodate my cast when I shattered my elbow.  Although I am a long way from being back to normal, it sure does  feel good to have some mobility back.

After the stocking is done I will be making a skirt and altering another skirt.  I really hope I can get through the year without buying any clothes.

I line dry all my clothes so that helps the last longer.  I use a clothing rack in the basement in the winter.

When I fell in November I tore my boot.  They are 12 years old, so I got a lot of good use out of them, but I want to see if I can repair them.  I have seen those sweater topped boots and thought maybe I could alter some old sweater sleeves to cover the tear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the pantry I have about 12 pounds of white sugar, 4 pounds of brown sugar, 2 pounds of powdered sugar, 3 pounds of honey, 2 pounds of maple sugar.

I want to how long I can make all these sweeteners last.  Hubby and I do like our sweets, but we sure don't need them.  I have been reading about how sugar is poison.  Two of my sibs and my dad are diabetic, so I want/need to be very careful.  

I just got an email from a friend that I am to bring cookies to an event Sunday, so I will already be dipping into the sugar stash.  Off to search cookbooks for the lowest sugar recipes! 

I've thought about challenging myself to some other things for this new year.  More on that in my next post.

No comments: