Friday, January 02, 2015

i hereby resolutely challenge myself to these goals


Is it just me or are we seemingly hardwired to set goals for ourselves as we turn the page of the calendar from one year to the next?

A fresh slate, a blank page,these call for new beginnings.

I love setting up challenges for myself.  Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I succeed

. I always learn something.


The past two years I used the Eat this Book plan.

For a little variety, I am returning to a plan I did for many years; many years ago.  I first found it in the Discipleship Journal magazine and through the wonders of the internet you can find the plan here

In addition to reading through the Bible in a year, there are many other challenges, resolutions, goals you can set for yourself.



Maybe your dressers and closets are threatening to overflow.

or, if you are feeling really brave/adventurous - this one.

Maybe you won't shop for a year, buy clothes for a year, stay out of the grocery store and raise your own food or shop farmer's markets for a week, a month or a year.

So many challenges.  Am I the only one who gets excited about attempting challenges?

Are you trying to do with or without anything for the new year?  

Do tell.

And then I will fess up to the challenges I am taking on in 2015.



No comments: