Monday, January 26, 2015

thinking heavenly thoughts



Two friends went to heaven last week.

The Children's church lesson was on heaven.

So, I have been thinking more about heaven.  Having one of those, 'what's it all about Alfie' moments.
(random reference to a song from the 60's).

No, Alfie, it is not just for this moment that we live.  We have a purpose; GOD has a plan.

These thoughts reminded me of this prayer;

"Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes
                                      All my own desires and hopes and accept Thy will for my life.
                                      I give myself, my life, my all
                                      Utterly to Thee to be Thine forever.
                                      Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit
                                      Use me as Thou wilt, send me where Thou wilt
                                     And work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost now
                                     and forever."


                                    ~Betty Scott Stam


At any cost, she prayed.  The rest of her story is here.

Today, another gloomy, snowy day, is a good day for pondering such thoughts.

For praying such prayers.  At any cost?  

What is on your mind?






No comments: