Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Handmade

   
                        


I'm babysitting our sweet little granddaughter while her mommy and daddy are at work.  She is starting to stir, so this will be brief.

I am so touched by all the beautiful gifts she has been given.  The gorgeous blanket above was lovingly crocheted for her.  A friend of mine knitted her a sweater.  Another grandma of another baby at church knitted an adorable owl hat.  The quilt I made for her is draped over her crib upstairs.

There is nothing quite like a handmade gift.  It speaks of love over a long haul.  Someone's thoughts and prayers over the duration of the project starting with the selection of fabric or yarn.

Once upon a time everything was handmade.  We have definitely gotten away from that but I am so thankful to see a resurgence of arts and crafts.

Store bought gifts are nice and much appreciated.  But handmade?  The best.

Hand making gifts is not new.  In fact, this tradition started shortly after the world began by GOD Himself:

.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

No comments: