Monday, September 04, 2017

seasons


The seasons are changing.  There is a crispness in the morning air when I walk now.  Once in a while, I come across visible evidence of fall.

 And then more evidence.
A very close friend, who had moved away was in town recently.  We wanted to spend time with each other, but I knew that I couldn't be selfish, so I invited several other close friends.  All but three were able to make it.
 Speaking of seasons.  We have been through the seasons of life together.  Some of us knew each other before we were parents, as young marrieds.  Some of us knew each other before we knew Christ.

 Some of us made a plan.  We loved these gals and we gathered together as young moms.  We, for the most part, didn't work outside the home.  We also didn't have any disposable income. So we started a babysitting co-op and exchanged children instead of money.  ~smile~
 We had a point system to keep things fair.  As we watched each other's kids, we became closer, our kids became closer and the next part of our plan was put into play.
 Those of us who knew and loved Jesus, invited those who didn't know Him (yet!) to come to church.  We held Bible studies in various homes.   And  one by one these precious gals came to Christ.
 So, we began a season of growing together spiritually.  What a privilege.  I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I am to have these women in my life.
 As the years went on, our children grew closer.  Many of them still stay in touch..  Two of them got married.  :)  Some of them went to college together.

 And now, as I work in children's ministries at our church, I have the great honor of teaching some of these ladies' grandchildren.

We have grown up together.  In the LORD, in our marriages, in difficulties, in good times, in plenty and in want.  I am so blessed to have these women as friends.


We don't get together often enough. The year's melt when we are together.  Laughter and tears abound.  We are so blessed to share Jesus as our Savior. And lots of memories.

Now as we are in the season of grandmotherhood together, there are new stories, new difficulties, new blessings.

But we are still together, thanking God for His hand on our lives.






4 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

I love this so much! You are so blessed to have each other!

Cheri said...

We sure are! Sisters in Christ! :)

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful story of grace!! Indeed, you have invested in one another's lives and have received great reward!

Diwakar said...

Hello sister Cheri. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am so glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. Your post is so encouraging and a story of growing together which shaped your lives and has been shaping your children's children lives. What a reach heritage you are passing on to your generations to follow. I am truly blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you and the group of mothers who grew together and also know about you and the group of mothers you belong to. I love getting connected wit the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in t his great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing tothe brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your group of mothers to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. God willing I will be coming to the United States in the month of May 2018 and will be so glad to stop by your place and meet you all mothers. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.