I remember the first Bible study I attended in high school. We met in the home of a friend; the living room was crowded with teenagers who sat on the floor, the furniture, the arms of furniture - anywhere they could fit. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
In college, we would informally gather in our R.A.'s room or some other room and pull out our Bibles and study. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
Then as young marrieds in the Northwoods we had a Bible study in our home. We would sing first, then study. I have vivid memories of Nathan sitting on my lap, clapping to the music as we were surrounded by dear friends who loved God's Word. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
Later, with two little boys in the house, I met with a bunch of young moms for study. We all had preschoolers and when we could we would hire a baby sitter who would play with all of our kids downstairs while we moms soaked in God's Word and some female fellowship. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
Still later, when home schooling responsibilities cut into my time for other things, I had Bible study with the boys. Sitting in the living room with our three sons, Bibles in laps. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
And then the last study I participated in in the Northwoods. Sitting on Katie's comfortable (so comfortable) brown couch, looking at the life giving Words before us. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
And now? Last Thursday I went to a study that meets in a home not far from here. It was my first time and I was warmly welcomed by everyone (I already knew two of the gals). The chatter increased as more ladies arrived. Bibles in one hand, plates balanced on the other hand. The counter filled with yummy goodies for lunch. We will be studying Leviticus and then Numbers. Yes, and people are actually coming! ~smile~
Since it was a preliminary meeting, the teacher handed out our books and told us what to expect format-wise. Discussion, DVD, prayer, lunch and then if anyone wants to share crafts, family photos, etc. that will happen after lunch.
Then,we got a tour of her quilt studio, she has a Gammill (be still my heart) as does another gal in the group. This is their job. Several of these ladies are AVID quilters. I'm inspired to finish the quilt I started (umm was that really over a year ago??) and move on to other projects.
Anyway. I loved it. And I can already tell this is going to be the perfect study for me at this time of my life.
If you are not in a Bible study, may I encourage you to find one and join in? I have reaped so many blessings from the various studies over the years.
In college, we would informally gather in our R.A.'s room or some other room and pull out our Bibles and study. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
Then as young marrieds in the Northwoods we had a Bible study in our home. We would sing first, then study. I have vivid memories of Nathan sitting on my lap, clapping to the music as we were surrounded by dear friends who loved God's Word. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
Later, with two little boys in the house, I met with a bunch of young moms for study. We all had preschoolers and when we could we would hire a baby sitter who would play with all of our kids downstairs while we moms soaked in God's Word and some female fellowship. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
Still later, when home schooling responsibilities cut into my time for other things, I had Bible study with the boys. Sitting in the living room with our three sons, Bibles in laps. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
And then the last study I participated in in the Northwoods. Sitting on Katie's comfortable (so comfortable) brown couch, looking at the life giving Words before us. I loved it. It was the perfect study for me at that time of my life.
And now? Last Thursday I went to a study that meets in a home not far from here. It was my first time and I was warmly welcomed by everyone (I already knew two of the gals). The chatter increased as more ladies arrived. Bibles in one hand, plates balanced on the other hand. The counter filled with yummy goodies for lunch. We will be studying Leviticus and then Numbers. Yes, and people are actually coming! ~smile~
Since it was a preliminary meeting, the teacher handed out our books and told us what to expect format-wise. Discussion, DVD, prayer, lunch and then if anyone wants to share crafts, family photos, etc. that will happen after lunch.
Then,we got a tour of her quilt studio, she has a Gammill (be still my heart) as does another gal in the group. This is their job. Several of these ladies are AVID quilters. I'm inspired to finish the quilt I started (umm was that really over a year ago??) and move on to other projects.
Anyway. I loved it. And I can already tell this is going to be the perfect study for me at this time of my life.
If you are not in a Bible study, may I encourage you to find one and join in? I have reaped so many blessings from the various studies over the years.
3 comments:
I'm doing a study in Ephesians at our church right now. Couples, singles, men, women, etc, all gathered around the word in small groups of people. It is so good. And this fall I am hoping to latch on to a new study somewhere.
I like to take 3 a year; spring, summer, and fall. Always one each year is a Beth Moore. But she needs to hurry up and write another one quick!
Enjoy your time, Cheri!
If this were a Facebook page, I would click "I like this".
Thanks Cheri, for the thought-provoking post.
Nancy N.
Thank you Becky and Nancy!
Post a Comment