floors in the Northwoods in spring
Today is the last day to leave a comment if you want to be included in a drawing for a set of note cards. The note cards will have pictures from this blog on them. The winner can request specific pictures if they choose, otherwise, I will pick my favorites.
I'm doing this to celebrate my upcoming 1000th blog. I find it hard to believe that some of you have hung in with me this long. I know I have lost (read: bored to tears) some readers along the way, but many thanks to those of you who have stayed with it. I love the opportunity to share my thoughts as well as the chance to exchange ideas with all of you.
~~~~~
In the spirit of 'Where's Waldo?', I'd like to do one more little contest. Pat's picture was on the front page of yesterday's paper. First one to find it and leave a comment as to his whereabouts also receives a set of notecards.
I'll announce the winners of both sets of notecards in tomorrow's blog.
~~~~~~
Nancy requested the recipe for rhubarb bread mentioned in yesterday's blog.
Here it is:
1 and 1/2 C. brown sugar
1 egg
2/3 C. oil
1 C. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 and 1/2 C. flour (I used half whole wheat)
1 and 1/2 C. diced rhubarb
1 tsp. vanilla
Pour into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.
Topping (this is optional - use it if you need extra calories and don't care about keeping your teeth).
1/2 C. sugar 1 T.melted butter
Mix and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
4 comments:
Cheri,
I have searched (with glasses on)
the front page and just can not
seem to come up with which one he
is. Can I still be in the contest?
Ann
OH! OH! OH!
You have to get up pretty early
to fool me. What am I saying
you and everyone else can fool
me! But not today. You are
quite clever - He is right over
Waldo's or Wally's head. And
I thought he would be in the
croud - My gosh _ I think I WIN!
Sorry to the rest of the world.
Love,
Your irritating neighbor.
P.S. It did take glasses and
a magnifying glass.
Oh man, I hate that I lost this contest. I guess I'll have to wait to see if I win the drawing.
I'm not there to see the local paper and do the contest, but I have to say I saw the "real" Waldo walking down a street in Bloomington, IN on Monday at about 1:30 p.m. -- complete with huge hiking boots, red striped shirt, walking stick, hat and round glasses -- the whole deal. He's very tall.
Post a Comment