Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I walked into choir last night....

....blissfully unaware of what was about to befall me.

N., the president of the community choir asked, "Did you get my email?"
"No, I responded, I've been working at the food pantry for the last several hours and came straight here afterwards."
"Well, P. (the director) is sick. Would you lead the rehearsal tonight?"

I had a 'deer in the headlights' moment, gulped and said, "Sure!" (at least I think that is what I
said).

I had not looked at any of the music for two weeks.

It got off to a rough start - at least from my perspective-but I felt more comfortable as the evening wore on. And I think we made some headway on the music.

After it was all over, several people made encouraging comments, including Nancy - thanks, Nancy!

Then one of the tenors came up to me and said, "You have pretty good rhythm for a blonde."

Unnmmm......thanks?

~~~~~~
Kristi and I pulled out a few baby things while she was here over Thanksgiving. That was fun and I took a long walk down memory lane looking at those sweet little things again.
I'll write more on that soon and post some more pictures.
Top picture-two of my baby blankets. Sweet little rosebud (now vintage) fabric.

The bottom blanket was crocheted by a sweet Swedish grandma named Viola. She made one of these for every baby born in our church. Okay, not born in the church, but born to people who attended our church.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bb's mama made a baby blanket for my first baby. I still have it and will be so excited to hand it down to his little one some day. What a treasure -- just like those you have shared. What an exciting time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, as for redecorating your website. I think I can help. It is tricky to explain but I can send you websites where questions can be answered. Or you can trust me with your password and I will do it for you. Then you can change your password if you like.

Either way, we can make it happen. Basics are very, very easy. My look is not a basic. It involves rewriting the HTML. I know ... I've become such a geek.

Anonymous said...

I can feel that "deer" moment with you! I know your original diligent preparation for the rehearsal a few weeks ago stood you in good stead.