I thought the concert went pretty well. There were glitches of course, but I think by and large they were glitches only obvious to the choir.
We did some popular Christmas songs (Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Chestnuts Roasting on a Open Fire, I'll Be Home for Christmas ) but most of the music was unapologetically Christ-centered. This pleased me, of course, but I took special pleasure in hearing a few of the singers around me who are avowed 'pagans' and 'atheists' (this is how they refer to themselves) sing that Christ is the light of the world and sing praise to God on high and sing that Christ is our Redeemer.
It reminded me of this:
Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:9-11
Not believing doesn't change the fact the Jesus Christ is Lord.
~~~~~~
Thanks to all who came, I hope you enjoyed the music!
Not believing doesn't change the fact the Jesus Christ is Lord.
~~~~~~
Thanks to all who came, I hope you enjoyed the music!
1 comment:
I can just picture what you are talking about when you say the men did a fun rendition of the You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch. I can see the faces! I bet that was lots of fun!
Glad it turned out so well. And I love the verse you chose. I was reminded of the same one as I read about it.
Post a Comment