The whole world was lost in the darkness of sin - The Light of the world is Jesus,
Like sunshine at noonday His glory shone in
The Light of the world is Jesus
Come to the Light, 'tis shining for thee!
Sweetly the Light has dawned upon me.
Once I was blind, but now I can see-
The Light of the world is Jesus.
This old hymn kept running through my head this morning after I snapped the above photo.
And I thought of Sunday school yesterday morning. Paper, scissors, glue, punches, ribbons and markers were scattered across the tables. Children happily chatting as they created Valentine cards.
The goal? To produce 100 cards. One for each of the food pantry recipients at the upcoming dinner. Each card contains a Bible verse and a piece of candy (to insure they are not immediately thrown away). Each card bears the stamp of the unique design of the child who created it. No two were alike.
Although we were missing at least 4 of our children yesterday - the 9 who were there made a whopping 46 cards! We have two weeks to finish the remaining 54. That should be no problem. They are very excited about this project and their enthusiasm is contagious. One of the older boys made a pop-up card and some of the other children followed suit. Creative kids!
I love watching these children let their 'light shine'.
"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16
And I thought of Sunday school yesterday morning. Paper, scissors, glue, punches, ribbons and markers were scattered across the tables. Children happily chatting as they created Valentine cards.
The goal? To produce 100 cards. One for each of the food pantry recipients at the upcoming dinner. Each card contains a Bible verse and a piece of candy (to insure they are not immediately thrown away). Each card bears the stamp of the unique design of the child who created it. No two were alike.
Although we were missing at least 4 of our children yesterday - the 9 who were there made a whopping 46 cards! We have two weeks to finish the remaining 54. That should be no problem. They are very excited about this project and their enthusiasm is contagious. One of the older boys made a pop-up card and some of the other children followed suit. Creative kids!
I love watching these children let their 'light shine'.
"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16
1 comment:
I'm back ... updated this morning!
http://building-for-the-master.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment