Friday, February 15, 2008

didn't see that coming

basket cases

Reminder to self:
Don't schedule a dentist appointment on Valentine's Day. Kinda wrecks the day. We love our dentist, we really do - he is a great guy and a good friend. However, he did not give me very good news yesterday. Remember that $240 Pat and I saved yesterday by not following society's norms in celebrating Valentine's Day? Well, that will be gone soon and then some.

Major dental work on the horizon for me. Yippee.

Oh well. It could be worse.
~~~~~
Two of my Sunday school kids - two boys (!) asked me how the food pantry dinner went. These are fourth grade boys. I was so touched. I had asked the kids to be praying for the people who attend these dinners. Knowing these two boys, I'm sure they were.
~~~~~~
We have company coming this weekend. A college buddy of Pat's and his wife. And their two dogs. I need to do a little more sprucing up around here. Last weekend, I thought the caulking in the bathroom they will be using was looking a little shabby, so I tore it out and re-caulked. I want to re-organize the closet in the room they are staying in and then I need to do the weekly dusting, vacuuming drill. Everything else looks pretty good.

I want to do some baking, too. Cherry pie anyone? Cinnamon rolls?

I may not have time to blog tomorrow, so have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Ouch, I hope your visit wasn't too painful (besides hurting your pocket book) to enjoy your evening together!

Anonymous said...

They sound like fun company. I have an old college "buddy". She's AWOL on her blog I think. You know who I mean ...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I was thinking ... at least you have teeth. You know ... silver lining and all that.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Pat ask Daddy for your dentist bills instead of your hand in marriage?