So feel free to look away for the next several weeks. We do not have a moving date as of yet, but it will be sometime between early April and mid-May. We are looking forward to being closer to Mom and Dad and my brother Roger and his family, but it is going to be hard to say good-by to everyone here.
Last night was my last night at Northwoods Singers rehearsal. I told a few of the gals that I am close to that we had sold our home and kept it at that. At the end I turned in my music and told the director. Other people were listening and told others in turn. I got a very surprising hug from one of the gals I sit near, "What am I going to do without you?" she asked.
She'll do fine.
For the record, I packed six boxes yesterday. Today with windchills hovering about -34 this morning, I plan to stay put and pack 4 or 5 more. Then I will be out of boxes. Feel free to drop off clean and sturdy boxes!
~~~~~
I was thrilled to find out yesterday that we are having company this weekend! Dave and Joyce (parents of Abi) will be here Saturday night. The really cool thing about this is that Mary and Elie and I will be visiting the Twin Cities Thursday through Saturday. Elie is interested in attending Crown (where our son Daniel is a sophomore). We will be staying at my sister Suzi's home. On our way home on Saturday we will pick up Joyce (they live an hour or so east of the Cities) and Dave will follow.
Lots of girl talk!
~~~~~
Please bear with me during this time of transition. I may need your input from time to time.
For example. I can not live in Tennessee and write a blog called Northwoods Ramblings. I was thinking of changing the name to Southern Hills Ramblings, but am not sure yet. Any ideas?
Also, I planned to give the quilt pictured below to my niece and her daughters. She declined.
So, now I'm on the fence. Should I keep it or try to sell it? I made it in the early '80's for my mother-in-law.
8 comments:
Cheri,
Save that quilt. Those grandbabies turn into precious little girls and boys and I know if I had a quilt like that, my three and one half year old granddaughter would consider it a precious gift for Christmas or birthday. It's worth waiting. It would be a fun thing to give it to a grandchild with a picture of you as a child.
Karen P.
You will still be speaking of the same things on your blog (I'm assuming...), so why not renaming it "Former Northwoods Ramblings"
I wish I could rename my blog, I have never liked the name. Good luck with the move, that is always a big job
Give the quilt to the new grandbaby -- now. Take it with you when you go meet her for the first time. You'll save .50/lb., and they can store it until they want her to have it. See? It all works out!
KJH
PS: How about Appalachian Ramblings? Appalachian Amblings?
I think the quilt would make a lovely parting gift for someone special. A cat lover perhaps. It is hard to sell something that has so much love in it. Giving it away might feel better.
Thanks for all the advice everyone!
It is all under consideration.
Cheri,
Just catching up on some of your bloggings....Please know I totally
wanted to keep the quilt. The girls loved it,I just did not think it was fair to take it from your family with all the work you put in it.I know if I made it,I would want it to go to my own children. As you now know, I was looking for a much older quilt my
Grandma put away for me in my chest
and I am sure you will come across it as you prepare to move. Thank you for sending the lovely bowl as well. It will be nice to have you closer to our family when you move.
Love,
Jennifer
Post a Comment