The phone steadily rang here yesterday afternoon and evening. "How can I help?" "What time should I be there?" I am so grateful for all the friends who have stepped forward and pitched in.
We have 30 pounds of chicken all cooked up and sliced, 16 pounds of oranges, 17 pounds of veggies, and 20 pounds of rice. Add to that coffee, milk, 120 cupcakes, well over a dozen volunteers and I think tonight will go well.

I've had lists going for days now - people to call, things to buy, things to do. The above list, ( I did rotate the picture and for some reason refuses to stay rotated) contains all the chores for this evening. Set-up, serve and clean-up. Each job on a post-it. Because of my phlegmatic temperament, I am not a good think-on-my-feet-person. Having been involved in projects like this before, I know that when 6-12 people start asking me, "Why do you want me to do?" I just kind of mentally shut down. So, I will just refer people to the post-it pages. They can then take a job to their liking and everybody is happy. Win win.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to tonight. It should be fun. Then on to choir where I need to lead the sectional practice for the men. I think I will sleep well tonight.
~~~~~
Speaking of teamwork, our family would appreciate your prayers. Part of the wonderful privilege of being in the body of Christ is not only serving meals to those in need, but joining in prayer for those who are hurting. Kristi's (our daughter-in-love) mother has cancer. She has just been placed in hospice care and is in a lot of pain. Jon and Kristi were with her this weekend. We would appreciate prayers for the family and that God would comfort Kathie and ease her pain. Thank you.

3 comments:
I'm so sorry for your family and the pain that this dread disease causes for everyone. Keep us posted.
Enjoy tonight. Your organization and hard work will bring pleasure to all I'm sure.
Praying here...
Thanks so much for your prayers, girls!
Post a Comment