Friday, April 11, 2008

pretending and pressing on


Play along with me, please. Let's pretend that we didn't just get three inches of snow overnight, that the winds aren't howling and rocking the trees and that we aren't expecting 5 more inches of snow tonight.*

There, I feel better. Much nicer to think that the sun is shining and the irises are in bloom.

Even though it is not and they are not.

Things are pretty busy around here, so the weather isn't really impacting our to do list.

Tom Terrific stopped by yesterday and took the enamelware and cheese boxes off our hands and generously left some venison sausage. He is such a great guy and always shows up when you need him.

We've had multiple phone calls and emails and faxes back and forth between us and our realtors and the title company. One transaction has more than enough paper work, but four transactions have, well,... four times that much!

The moving company called this morning and confirmed the moving date. All the closing dates are set.

We are thankful to the Lord for how all the details are falling into place.

The only unknown? The arrival date of our little grandson.

Good thing I have all this other stuff to keep me distracted.

*I have plenty of wood in the house and 10 gallons of water in buckets in case we lose power. There are a lot of power outages in our area.

Tomorrow, if we have electricity, I'll blog a bit about the sale of our office.

No comments: