Friday, May 30, 2008

happiness is...

our sweet little grandson is a month old!

As Pat and I were taking our evening walk last night, the neighborhood cows were expressing indignation or displeasure over something. It is funny the things you can read into a cow's bellow (or beller, depending on where you are from). We laughed out loud at some of the emphatic mooing that was emanating from the nearby field.

We enjoy the cows and we also enjoy our neighbors. One of the neighbors, who travels quite a bit for her work, said she is happiest when she is sitting on her back porch watching the cows pee.

While this is not my personal definition of happiness, I understand what she is saying. The contentment that comes from a peaceful activity like porch sittin' is hard to come by in the crazy, busy world.

My personal happiness comes from my relationship with Christ. And along the way are the many added blessings that he has sent my way. My hubby, my wonderful family, especially including my precious grandson, the privilege of living in a(nother) beautiful place, great friends and on and on.....

We also get to see these wonderful people as much as we want:



Lots happened here yesterday: we sold a desk, sold the Nixon paraphernalia, got our blinds installed and our trees delivered. We are very grateful for all our many blessing!

What brings you happiness?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog!

mw

Anonymous said...

Gee...and you thought you had weird neighbors up north...

momawake said...

So, not exactly my happiness, but we are looking for a new washing machine and while looking this evening I saw that they have them in red. So now my "goal" in life is to have a red washing machine. How pitiful is that?! ; )

Cheri said...

Aaawwww, thanks mw!
Lora, you think Ann is weird? :)

momawake, I think a red washing machine would be cool!

Anonymous said...

Ann thinks Ann is weird.

Anonymous said...

I know them ! They look exactly as I remember, a longtime ago.
R