Friday, June 06, 2008

what is going on

As is my habit, I stopped by Mom and Dad's this morning as I was finishing up my walk. When it was time for me to go home, I mentioned that I needed to get home to do some watering and to blog.

Mom said, "Yes, blog please, so we know what is going on."

Actually, that is why I blog. So I know what is going on. It has been a great way to help me clear my thoughts (always a challenge) and to focus on what is important or fun or beautiful.

I think I would blog even if no one was reading. I enjoy blogging that much. But it really, really helps knowing that people are reading. Please don't stop.

Mom and Dad and KimmeeSue (the wonderdog) and I went to get rocks yesterday. We had a great time. Mom and Dad are adventerous and love to take different routes to places and do some exploring along the way. The scenery down here is beautiful. Come see for yourselves. And if you travel with Mom and Dad you will see a lot.

Anyway, lo and behold, we had a trailer full of rocks. The next thing I knew we were in Knoxville eating lunch at the Olive Garden. This is the kind of thing that happens when you run an errand with my parents.

I love it.

Today, as far as I know, I will be home attending to things here. My sister Lori and nephew Richard arrive tomorrow for the week and I want to get some baking done. I also need to put my dining room back together again.
I have a feeling I already blogged about this. If I did, you can go read someone else's blog. Here is our living room. The place above the mantel is designed for a television. Cable hook-up and electrical outlet and everything behind the picture. But since we don't want a TV THAT DOMINATES THE ROOM (at least not yet), we have a tiny screen tv (free from Mom and Dad, the intrepid wanderers) with a $.55 rabbit ears from the thrift store). Yes, I'm sure I blogged about this. Anywho, this works for us. For now. And that couch? So comfortable. Don't take my word for it, come down and sit with us for a spell.

The bookcase on the left is an old piece that is from Pat's side of the family. The pictures of top of it are our boys' senior photos.

So, I think that is what is going on here. I have some more longish posts in my head, but since Pat needs his computer so he can WORK, I'd better run along.

Have a great day everyone!




cute little gerbera daisy on the back step

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are the rocks for landscaping? Will your tv work after February with rabbit ears? Hoping to plant garden this weekend if the storms slow down a bit. Drove to baseball game in Land O'Lakes in rain. The rain stopped for the 2 hour game. Drove home in rain. God knows that these excited boys need to play baseball! (Third win in a row.) Off to chiro and haircut and coffee and then cleaning. Isn't that exciting? Thinking of you this morning! Linda

Anonymous said...

This new home is bringing out a different side of you I think. The one that leaves to go places and have adventures and does not just sit by the wood stove (WHAT!! NO WOOD STOVE!!!!????) and make quilts for her new grandson.

But I know that former Northwoodser is in there. She will be coming out about the time that garden goes in.

I pictured you on a big farm somewhere, tending the flocks and herds and being totally self sufficient. But then again, I don't really know you. Just your blogpersona.

I think it is hilarious that your new "neighbors" want you to blog so they can keep up with what is going on. It reminds me of my son who is on IM at the same time he is on the phone WITH THE SAME PERSON.

Fun stuff.

werwells said...

Still planning on coming up after Sunday School this weekend! We should be there around 2pm. Cheryl has to work (she sends her love) - but I'll have Derek, Ethan and Emilee with me. Love ya!

Little Bro.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both of you being able to see the print on that size of a television. My eyes won't go there anymore.
kjh

Cheri said...

Yes, Linda, the rocks are for landscaping. And our tv probably won't work after Feb., but we can get one of those box converter thingies. Sounds like you had a busy day! Congrats to Ike on his games!

Becky, that is how I picture me too! But for now we will tend our little half acre and get as much to grow as we can. This winter I will nest and sew - without my woodstove. Sniff.

Can't wait to see y'all Roger!

Karen, there is PRINT on televisions? :)