Monday, September 01, 2008

country bumpkin in the city



I sat in the subway and thought about this.




I walked over a steam vent and thought about this.






I walked under a construction crane and thought about this.



I know that as a tourist, gawking at the sights of the city, I was probably an obvious target for pickpockets.


But I didn't dwell on any of these potentially dangerous scenarios. I fully enjoyed the day - soaking in everything I could.

I need to remember to do that every day - not just on vacation. To not be afraid for what the future holds, but to enjoy every moment to the fullest.

Can I get an amen?


Isa 41:10:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

3 comments:

Molly said...

AMEN sister!

Anonymous said...

Cheri,
I love that verse. I remember
when Rosie came home from a visit
with relatives when their had been
a bad storm. I asked her Grandma
if she was afraid and she said
Rosie said "God holds me in His
right hand" and held out her little
hand. I rest on the truth that God
does hold her in His right hand and
my friends, and my kids.
Thanks for the reminder
Love ya, Ann

Cheri said...

Amen to both of you!