Thursday, November 13, 2008

losing it


Did you know that the average person spends about an hour a day searching for things? Ever wonder how they figure something like that out? I'm pretty sure it is by following me around and counting the minutes I spend looking for stuff. 'Specially this past month.
When we first moved here, there were no safety deposit boxes available at our bank. So we kept all of our Very Important Papers in a Special Spot. When the bank notified us that a box was available, we took our Very Important Papers from the Special Spot and took them to the bank.
It was then that we discovered that the Very Importantest Paper was missing.
Tore the house apart looking for it. Pat found it.
Then there was the missing car key situation. We ALWAYS put our car keys in the same place. One day we discovered that we were missing a set of car keys.
Tore the house apart looking for it. Pat found it.
Then, I could not find my glasses. Tore the house apart looking for them. Pat was working so I was on my own.
Couldn't find them here. Because they were at Mom and Dad's. Now they are on a granny chain around my neck.
Next, I could not find our latest bank statement. I put it in a Special Place awaiting the day (which should have been yesterday) when I had a chunk of time to balance the checkbook. Looked and looked and looked for it. I had to get another copy from the bank.
I could have asked Pat to help me, but I don't want him to think that I'm losing it.
Even though I am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should run a rope between your house and your mom and dads, just to prepare ahead for when you can't remember where you are going. Just kidding. I always park at the same place at Trigs and WalMart due to my wonderful memory! Linda

Anonymous said...

Head to Costco and buy 27 pairs of glasses then leave them EVERYWHERE.
Only way....it just gets worse

Lady Farmer said...

Sounds like I'm in good company!
Ya don't think it could be our age!? ( I think I just lost my birth certificate :~} )
LF

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri!

You're technologically savvy--try doing your banking online. I do. It's so convenient. You can check your balance every day (which I do), so, no big job at the end of the month. A bonus...no lost statements...they're always "there"!

Nancy N.

Cheri said...

The neighbors might not appreciate the rope across the road Linda. I've thought of training the dog to return things to me though.

Multiple pairs of glasses might be a good idea...or it might just result in multiple things lost.

lady farmer - we should start a support group. Except we'd probably forget when and where to meet!

Nancy, our bank supposedly has an online feature available, but they have been having tech problems ever since we moved here. :(d