Monday, January 05, 2009

please don't hate me because I'm warm

Sunday's weather was gorgeous. After a heavy early morning fog, the temperature climbed and climbed and climbed some more.



By the time we got home from church it was 60 ish. So we decided to go on a little excursion.



We had been here before.



But this was the first time we went on the hiking trails. After someone spent a little bit of time fishing the shoreline.



Here is some of what we saw. Enjoy the beauty of God's creation: bright green cedars

an unidentified berry


gorgeous mountain views



prairie grasses






a view of the lake




an old rock wall





a huge old oak




We had a very nice time. By the time we got back to the car, the temperature had gone up to 68 degrees. On January 4. If that doesn't entice some of our Northwoods friends to come visit us, I don't know what will!

~~~~~

Daniel is back at school. Quiet around here. But we are very grateful for the time we had with him. He was a good sport about hanging out with the old folks here.


~~~~~

Good news for Mom. She no longer needs (kneeds?) physical therapy. Yeah, Mom!

~~~~~~

And please welcome two new bloggers to my sidebar. Candy and Jenilyn. Jenilyn has been blogging for a while, but I have just now gotten around to posting a link to her thought-provoking blog. She was Daniel's supervisor this past summer.


Candy is a brand new blogger and church secretary extrodinaire and has a great ministry to young people. Daniel loved hanging out at her house.


Please leave a comment of encouragement for them on their blogs!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't hate you because it's so warm, but I am very jealous as I continue to slip on the ice here up in stinkin' Iowa. :)
Kristi

Cheri said...

I wish I could instantly transport you down here!