Our neighbor had quadruple bypass. On Sunday I learned that Alice had died, a few hours later I found out that a friend of mine from choir had just discovered that she had cancer. Two ladies told me they suffer from depression. Another friend was hospitalized with an as yet undiagnosed ailment, still another is teetering on the brink of hospitalization.
We got a bill for Daniel's surgery for $6900. Silly us, we thought, since we had already paid several of the bills, that everything was covered. I told Daniel next time he had a polyp, I would remove it myself (I'm not sure he appreciates all my frugal tendencies).
Still another friend had a death in the family and was at the time facing a very difficult (unrelated) situation.
"In the world, you will have tribulation," Jesus tells us. "But I have overcome the world."
I am so thankful. Sometimes the problems that come our way seem overwhelming. We will have tribulation. Guaranteed. But it needn't overwhelm or overcome us. Christ is there and He has overcome all the things that threaten to sink us.
It is a privilege and duty to pray for those who are hurting. It is a comfort to go to the Throne of Grace and pour out our own needs and troubles at His feet. It is an adventure to watch and see how God answers.
I've seen so many answers to prayer over the course of my life. One more yesterday: the insurance company made a mistake and is re-processing Daniel's claim. Thank you, LORD!

No comments:
Post a Comment