It was lovely.
Their motto is that they our 'out to spoil you'.
They live up to that. The inn is decorated in a froufy Victorian style. According to our host, our hostess does a lot of shopping.
living room fireplace
living room fireplace
details above dining room fireplace

cute little tea strainer - gotta find some of these

Valentine's tree in entry hallway

dining room table set for breakfast
The food was wonderful.
Breakfast day one started with a fruit cup and banana Amish friendship bread. Served with tea or coffee, followed with three pancakes, and a slice of bacon, a piece of locally processed and prepared sausage (wonderfully spicy) and a dollop of hash browns - which is coincidentally the name of their very sweet dog (Hashbrown that is).
Breakfast day two started the same as day one. The main course was a substantial breakfast burrito (made with local eggs from free range chickens) and sausage and bacon.
Our host and hostess were very hospitable and extremely knowledgeable about the area. We felt so comfortable and at home there. She is having some health problems so the inn is on the market if you have ever wanted to be an innkeeper. The B&B in Plains is also for sale. I talked to that owner at church. She said being an innkeeper is not really compatible with having a full time job, so she is selling it with regrets. I didn't see the inside of that but the outside sure is cute!
So, once again, thanks so much to Mom and Dad for the wonderful trip. We made memories that will last the rest of our lives. It was great!
One more thing....we saw a beauty shop in north Georgia that was called: "Curl Up and Dye." Wish I'd taken a picture....

4 comments:
Cheri - I read a book about that beauty shop! I can't remember the name of the book right now, Steve's sister lent it to me to read a couple of years ago. Very good book, make you laugh, make you cry. Based on a true story which I always like better. Then the name comes to me, I will let you know!
Curl up and Dye! I LOVE that.
Sounds like such a great trip. B and Bs and Inns like that are so fun to stay at. We did that in Maine for our 25th and we had such a great, personal touch. So delightful.
Cheri,
Tell `em how Hash Brown got his name.
DOD
I'd love to know the name of the book Candy.
Yep, Becky. It is fun to be spoiled.
And Hashbrown? He came to them as a skinny scrawny stray. Happy to eat leftovers from the B&B. Including and especially hashbrowns!
Post a Comment