Friday, March 13, 2009

sixty degrees of separation

Monday (or was it Tuesday?) was a record setting temperature day down in our part of Tennessee.  79*.  So imagine the shock to the system to step off the airplane in Minneapolis to temps in the upper teens.

And speaking of airplanes.  Since I had not flown since 1995, I checked a few travel related websites and followed the advice of friends and family who had flown recently.  The travel related websites said that 'things will go wrong'  and ' be prepared for delays' etc. etc.

Everything went smoothly.  No delays, no sheepish embarrassment at holding up the line at the security check.  The only thing that did go 'wrong' was that our plane landed 30 minutes EARLY.
It was wonderful.  I think I will fly up here all the time.  Only maybe not in March.

Suzi has been a wonderful and welcoming hostess.  As always.  She has indulged me and taken me around to see a few things I don't get to see in the country.  Barnes and Noble.  Whole Foods.

And...I got to meet Jenilyn.   She was Daniel's supervisor last summer when he worked for Youthworks.  Suzi took me down to their office and we got to spend a few minutes chatting.  All too short.  She is even lovelier than her picture and just as sweet as I had imagined she would be.  Thanks, Jenilyn for taking time out of such a busy day to see a coupla old gals!  Suzi took our picture and I was going to post it here, but my camera phone is not on speaking terms with Suzi's computer.  I'll have Daniel's camera later today, so hopefully we can post pics of our adventures.

Today's agenda is:
walk the dog
spend more time with Suzi
go to Crown to get Daniel and meet with Elie and Taylie (I have known these young ladies ever since they were itty  bitty by small - I get to see their mommies next weekend!).
head to Iowa to see JOSHUA and of course, Jon and Kristi.

Looking forward to another wonderful day.  

1 comment:

momawake said...

I'm so glad you're having fun.