I thought that a little break from blogging would help me come back refreshed and inspired and ready to write witty and encouraging blog posts.Guess I didn't take a long enough break.
Let me tell you some of what I did while I was away. First of all, a very special little boy is turning one next week (!!!) so I was working on a little something for him.
Secondly, I was also working on music. Our choir director, bless his heart, apparently has a (misplaced) trust in me. I am working on memorizing a couple of songs for special music. And now our church streams live on the internet. If I was feeling smug and brave and confident I would tell you how to access it. But since those are not virtues I aspire to, I won't. :)
Thirdly, (and I even hate to mention this since I just received a texted picture of newly fallen snow in Ann's yard this morning, ) there was a lot to do in the yard. Planting, weeding and mowing. Don't tell my Northwoods friends that I have mowed four times this year (or is it five?).
I did a fairly good job of staying away from the computer. Pat's work computer has been v-e-r-y - s-l-o-w lately and I was a little askeered that it would break while I was using it. I owe some of you emails and I hope to get to that in the next few days.
So that is what I did on my blogger vacation. What are y'all up to?

3 comments:
Hi Cheri ~
I have been on a little break of my own. Going through a dry spell, I guess. I, too, have been busy with yard work now that we have had a couple of nice days and all the grass and weeds are shooting up!
Isn't it amazing how quickly our sweet little grandbabies grow up?! Your little guy turning one and our second granddaughter turning two! Yikes! I remember like yesterday my own little ones turning one and two! We just can't be getting old(er)!
Our computer is extremely slow also. This crazy dial-up and no other choice available. What's a girl to do?
Have a wonderful week!
Hi, Cheri. We raked up about 10 bags from the yard and extended our garden another 6 feet out by hand digging up the grass this week. Now it is covered with about 6 inches of snow. It is so pretty, with every branch covered with the sticky stuff. It just keeps coming down, so I might have to shovel instead of just waiting for it to melt tomorrow. I scheduled out the last month of home-schooling yesterday to see if I was on schedule, so I know what has to be accomplished before Memorial Day. which is when we always quit. And I pulled out the sewing machine and prepped a dozen pull string gift bags for a church project. My in-house and under the lights tomatoes are doing well. Good to hear you had a productive week. I wouldn't mind skipping reading the negative news for a week, but I missed reading your blog! Good luck with all of that music! Linda
Lady Farmer, you understand!! Dry spells are good opportunities to get other house and yard work done.
Yes, grandbabies grow up way too soon. Even faster than their mommies and daddies, if that is possible.
Linda, WOW. You sure were productive. Enjoy a few down days 'til the snow melts. And thanks for your kind words.
Post a Comment