We are getting a nice soaking rain right now. I only have a few minutes to post, because shortly Mom, Dad and I will be heading up to the big city for a routine Dr. appointment for Dad.
A quick question for y'all. I've been hearing more and more about Twitter lately. I think I have a general idea of what it is and was surprised to learn yesterday that the Center for Disease Control is sending out 'tweets' to update people about the swine flu pandemic.
My questions:
1) Have you heard of Twitter?
2) Do you use Twitter?
3) If so, has it enhanced your life? Do you recommend it?
Thanks for giving me your input! Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:
Heard of it. Know nothing about it. Sat at T-docks for lunch and watched the red-winged blackbirds and listened to all of the birds "twittering". Close enough? Linda
Heard of it
Really could not care less...hate to be negative but gee wiz, how much of this stuff do we need ?
Enhanced my life?....c'mon now !
:)
I've also heard of it but have no use for it. Enhanced my life.....NOT! I don't even participate on facebook.
Birds twittering - that is my favorite!
'Enhanced my life' was kinda tongue in cheek, but I guess that is hard to discern in reading this post. Enhanced my life=another way to waste hours of my time!
Patrice I do have facebook, because that is where my kids post cute grandson pics. Otherwise I don't participate in much of what it has to offer.
C'mon now--Twitter is not so bad! :) It's in our future whether we participate or not.
During Obama's first speech to congress, many representatives and senators were "tweeting" from the floor to their constituents, sending immediate feedback on what was happening.
Twitter is a great way to get out instant communication: for example, school closings in the event of bad weather, SWINE FLU, terrorist attacks (hopefully not!), etc.
It is also a great place to find deals. (Now this will catch Cheri's attention!) I "follow" Punch Pizza on Twitter.com, and I can find coupons for their delicious meals when I view their "tweets" (treats?).
Like anything online (or on "phone"), it can become time consuming and take us away from "real" relationships. But if we use it as a tool in the right circumstances, it can be very helpful--even lifesaving!
If I'd had a smart phone when I was stuck in a swamp 30 years ago, instead of yelling for help in pre-911 days, I could have "tweeted" all my "followers" and had someone come get me out right away!
Suzi
Yes, heard of it, don't use it. I don't think anyone needs to know...or cares to know what I am doing each waking hour. I also have a problem with churches encouraging people to "tweet" their thoughts about the sermon DURING the sermon.
It's called immediate feedback. :)
Post a Comment