Thursday, May 28, 2009

jump down, turn around


We had one of these in our house this morning. That never happened up north. Impressively identified by the resident entomologist.
The boll weevil was a reminder of my fruitless quest yesterday. I spent the better part of the day clothes shopping. I never do that. The shopping gene is not part of my DNA.
But we have a wedding coming up. A beach wedding in Mexico. So I want something simple, sleeveless (Mexico in July - outside) with straight lines and in a natural fabric, either cotton (hence the timely reference to the boll weevil) or linen. One color.
Apparently such a garment does not exist. I found a plethora of dresses in bold colors, loud patterns and synthetic fabrics. This mother of the groom is not interested in any of those.
I shopped and shopped and shopped. Then I dropped.
I did get a new swimsuit (the spandex in my decrepitly old one quit on me - I guess there is a limit to how far spandex will last or stretch ~smile~). I love this new one though. Granny will be playing in the pool/ocean with Joshy.
So, I've shopped on line. Here and here and here. I am afraid I may have to go to Knoxville.
The quest for a dress is on. Any ideas for me?
Unless I try to make one....

3 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

I think you should make a simple one of linen. I have just been doing a little sewing with linen and I love it! It should sew up quickly with just a simple sleeveless pattern. Please show us your results or find if you purchase one. Can't wait to see!
Blessings!

Cheri said...

I'm going to give myself until June 15 to find a ready made. Then to the sewing machine!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] גדולים אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים נא לפנות לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]