Bored? Try this.I typed in 'Southern Hills Ramblings' which yielded scores of possible anagrams including:
Ah slumbering hill snorts
Hmm.
A rearrangement of my first and last name yielded many possibilities many of which included the word 'leech'.
Repeatedly reading the word leech reminded me of many, many, many times, in years past ,when I would reach for the cottage cheese container in the refrigerator only to find that the label on the carton was not a true description of the contents. As a fishing guide Pat often fished with leeches and being the frugal sort would keep leftover leeches for another fishing expedition. Generally in a food container. Loved that.
Nowadays, he fishes with artificial lures which means I can reach into the fridge for cottage cheese and that is what I will get. Which is a good thing. I am sure you can cook something with leeches, but not anything I would want to eat.
4 comments:
From a catagory for worms to leeches in the fridge! Hmmmm
You're my kinda friend! :~}
Blessings!
(to clarify ~ I have had many a dead critter [fox, squirrel, ermine] in my freezer. I am married to an excellent hunter, have done a little myself, and have a wildlife biologist for a daughter ~ 'nuf said!)
This was quite an impressive post, Cheri. It we ever had leeches in our cottage cheese container I feel sure that I would be not only a non-meat eater but totally willing to give up cheese as well. In fact, I might easily convinced to give up using the refrigerator.
Eeeeek.
My latest internet time waster has been Facebook's Farm Town. I'll invite you, that way you'll have another thing to do on the internet. ;)
I'm impressed, Lady Farmer!
Becky, most people have a second fridge in the garage for leeches and nightcrawlers. Not us!
momawake, I can hardly keep up with email. I have 96 facebook notifications that I haven't even responded to yet! Our only computer is Pat's work computer so my time here is limited. Gotta keep hubby workin'!
Post a Comment