Friday, June 12, 2009

yard work

Yes, Linda. Most of the flower photos on the blog were taken in our yard and with my monstrosity of a camera. It seems like there is something new blooming every day. The coneflowers are currently putting in a showy appearance.

We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of a delivery truck this morning. Any minute. Dogwoods, lilacs, redbuds, Leland cypress, winterberry bushes, red maple. And a load of dirt, some lavender and creeping thyme to put between our raised beds so we don't have to weed whack there.

Should be a fun day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE yard work. I wish I could be there to help.

Lady Farmer said...

Oh you lucky girl! It's sounds like you will have so much fun playing in the dirt today! And how beautiful it will all be next year!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some heavy-duty planting! I planted flowers today.
Running around from one garden center to the other, I found myself looking more at all of the comfortable yard chairs than the flowers...but I did come home with a flat to plant. Enjoy your day. Linda

Cheri said...

We should all get together and visit beautiful gardens, don't you think?