He can tell by looking at me. My mind is elsewhere. Always, before a trip my mind is occupied and preoccupied with everything I need to do, need to take, bills to pay, notes to write, calls to make, veggies to harvest and process.
I am pretty well packed, but that won't stop my from taking things out of the suitcase and re-packing them - substituting one item for another adding more, editing what I am taking. I could probably drive myself nuts doing this if I didn't enjoy it so much.
For me the anticipation of a trip is much like the day before Christmas for a child. Full of wonder, excitement and potential. New sights, new sounds (I think the kids are having a Mariachi band play - how cool is that? - unless they were just teasing me..) new tastes, (tastes like chicken??) and being surrounded by my wonderful family.
Yes, I have sunscreen, yes I have anti-bacterial stuff, no I won't drink the water or go off by myself.
I do not plan to blog while I am gone. Check back here on Monday.
Thank you for your prayers as we all converge tomorrow in Mexico.
And thank you for your prayers for Nathan and Michelle as they begin the wonderful adventure of marriage.
4 comments:
Keep you all in prayer as you travel and also continuing to pray for DOD.
Much love,
Cheri
Have a safe trip, Cheri! Can't wait to see pictures next week.
You better post some pictures when you get back :) I know it's going to be beautiful!
Thanks so much ladies!
Post a Comment