Saturday, September 05, 2009

run, boys, run




Jon, Kristi and Josh have traveled to Illinois to visit Nate and Michelle. Jon and Nate are running in a half-marathon race this weekend. Proud of you guys! Go, boys, go!
Almost makes me want to do this.


1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two friends running in a half marathon this week in another town, Virginia I think. And several friends who are doing a triathalon at Disney.

I'm sitting on the couch with you. After my 3 miles walk.

Anonymous said...

Couch to 5K plan looks interesting.....I walked the quarter-mile to get my Saturday latte instead of driving...does that count? Good luck, John and Nate! Great verse, Cheri. How did the cantata practice go? What are you doing this year? Linda

Cheri said...

We can cheer, if we can't run, right, Becky?

Yes, Linda that is a great start. The name of the cantata is 'A Baby Changes Everything'.