But, on Friday, after running a ton of errands and finishing two Bible study lessons, and walking three miles with my neighbor, I was feeling lazy. I knew I should go ahead and pre-bake a pie crust, but it occurred to me that I didn't even really like pie crust. And pie crusts contain a lot of calories. Fat calories. Who needs that?
(Cue the ''Windows 7 - it was my idea' commercial with ethereal music playing in the background and swap out a beautiful super model for me.)
I thought to myself, 'Why do I need a pie crust with the lemon meringue?' Why can't I just make lemon meringue?'
So, I did.
And it was my idea. ~smile~
My sister blogged about my niece's weekend appendectomy here.
3 comments:
Haha! You have some great ideas. When I was a little girl my favorite pie was lemon meringue and I would eat only the lemon and the crust ... no meringue thank you. That is what cousins are for. I had a cousin who like the meringue and not the rest, so we shared both our pieces of pie. Hey Jan are you out there!!??
Anyway, great idea. I think I could make this for the Butler as he is not supposed to have the crust. Hmmmm. I'm on it!!
Now that was the most delicious introduction to an appendectomy I have ever read! ;~D
Aren't cousins great, Becky? And thanks for 'getting' my warped sense of humor.
I know, Lady Farmer...something wacky about the flow of that post! I wasn't sure how to segue from one to the other - so I just did it abruptly!
Post a Comment