Continuing on with the discovery of Old Testament passages in Mary's Magnificat, we find that verse 48 of Luke 1:
"for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant."
was foreshadowed here:
"Though the LORD is on high, He looks upon the lowly, but the proud He knows from afar."
How grateful I am that I don't have to be rich or famous or rocket scientist smart or movie star gorgeous to be looked upon by GOD. He knows who I am, He know my inmost thoughts, He made me, He redeemed me, He loves me. Plain, ordinary little old me.
Certainly, something to be celebrated all year long!
~~~~~
Got yarn? Here are lots of suggestions for pom poms over at the long thread. Have fun!
Busy weekend here - I'm kicking into Martha mode, but hopefully not neglecting my Mary side.
Friday:
- Set tables for the choir Christmas dinner (setting tables with various ladies' Christmas dishes or china)
- Go early for the dinner, put finishing touches on food
- Direct the evening entertainment for the dinner (more about this later)
- Clean up
- In the afternoon, sew every chance I get and practice piano when I get tired of stitching
Saturday
- morning meeting
- afternoon Christmas tea, bringing a devotional and playing some Christmas carols
- bake brownies for Sunday's lunch for choir kids
- sew every chance I get and practice piano when I get tired of stitching
Sunday
- teach Sunday school with Pat
- bring our angel tree gift to church
- sing in choir
- stay after church for children's lunch
- children's lunch followed by dress rehearsal for children's program
- sew every chance I get and practice piano when I get tired of stitching
- return to church at 4:45 for bell choir dress rehearsal
- 6:00 children's program with the bell choir performing 3 numbers at the end
Praying that none of my little munchkins :
1) pick their nose,
2) lift their dresses over their heads or
3) have a hissy fit.
It looks like a lot, but I am looking forward to every bit of it. .
Enjoy your weekend!
(no blog post tomorrow....)
4 comments:
I wish I could be there to help you with all of your programs! My "program with kids" verse is "My foot stands on a level place; In the congregation I shall bless the Lord." from Ps.26:12. God will provide level-headedness for you and the chance to bless Him, I know! The crab rangoon from yesterday sounds yummy. Linda
Lots to do and enjoy. It all sounds very satisfying and fulfilling. Have a great time.
I'm curious about your marathon sewing project. Hope you'll tell us when you can.
kjh
I wish you could be here too, Linda! That is an interesting verse for your program with the kids. Would love to hear more.
Becky, it was and I did!
Pictures coming, Karen.
Post a Comment