Emboldened by Rachel's guest post on Annabel's blog, I decided to try my hand at homemade ravioli.
Although Rachel's instructions were very complete, I decided to leaf through my cookbooks and look for a ravioli recipe. Unbelievably, the only cookbook that had one was my 1943 copy (formerly my mother-in-law's) of Joy of Cooking.
Ravioli can be a carrier for almost anything. Meats, cheeses, veggies.....
I made a ricotta, egg, parsley and garlic filling.
Brush with water.
Cut with a pizza cutter. I took a picture of the filled noodles boiling in water, but figured you didn't really need to see that.
Enjoy!
I need to make this again. First of all, I have more filling left and more cheese. Secondly, although I got my pasta dough pretty thin, I think with practice, I can improve. I might try a pesto topping as well. Love pesto.
Even though I do not want to turn this into a food blog, there will be occasional recipes on here.
This was not as difficult as I thought and much more flavorful than the stuff in a can!
Upcoming recipes will be gluten free and dairy free. Both my daughter -in - love and my granddaughter are gluten and dairy intolerant and other members of the family prefer to eat that way.
So please check back! Have you ever made homemade ravioli?
5 comments:
We love homemade ravioli! I have been making it for many years, as well as Pierogi. My hubby's sweet little polish grandmother (Busha) taught me. I recall one afternoon chatting with my mother in law (Busha lived with her at this time) and the three of us happened to all be making noodles. :~) I was sitting in the living room with my small table in front of me, making Kluski noodles for the soup (it is a rather long process, a pinch of dough and a twist). And as it turned out they were making the same.
Homemade noodles are not only filling to the tummy, but warming to the heart.
I just followed you over from a comment on Annabel's blog, and glad to meet you. Have a very blessed day!
Kath
What a sweet story! The family that makes noodles together....
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Looking forward to your gluten free recipes! Today I used a pizza crust mix from Aldi's and put my own stuff on from there. It was not too bad but it said to stretch to 12 inch and next time I think I will do 14 inch so it would be thinner and not as doughy. Nancy
Dear Cheri!
It is wonderful to see your ravioli making, and the old recipe!! The pizza cutter is a nice idea!! I will keep your methods in mind!
I'd love to taste yours! I know it was delicious!! .... "and not a food blog" ha ha!! I love it!!!!!
Regards,
Rachel Holt
Hello Cheri. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honor to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest being christian. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail.com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your famiy and friends.
Post a Comment