It happened this past weekend and I couldn't be more thankful for the way it turned out.
We used the script from The First Christmas Pageant. We actually had performed this last year on a Sunday evening. Those in attendance were primarily parents and grandparents. But this year our pastor asked us to perform it during our worship services. We have a service on Saturday night and Sunday morning. FOR THE WHOLE CHURCH.
The dual services presented us with our first challenge. I will address that in future posts.
I recommend this pageant. It is simple, stays true to Scripture. We did it with about 20 kids last year, but this year had twice that. It uses traditional music, nothing new to learn.
It faithfully tells the old familiar story of how much God loves us. So much that He sent His only begotten Son to earth as a vulnerable baby.
Though so familiar, it never ceases to amaze me.
1 comment:
Hello!
I am so happy you stopped by my blog!
Thank you for visiting, and I hope you do indeed continue to write here.
I look forward to visiting!
Have a cozy evening. : )
Post a Comment