Monday, April 13, 2020

happening lately


I made 20 face masks last week.  After I ran out of elastic, I used bias binding (homemade), twill tape and elastic hair bands.  I mailed most of them out to the kids and grands along with some fun activities for the grands.


I went to the grocery store to replenish what we have eaten the last month plus get ahead.  I did not go down the paper product aisle, so I’m not sure how the supplies were there.  The flour aisle was picked over, but there was still plenty of flour to be had.  There is not a speck of yeast to be found in our county and the next.  I still have some, but not as much as I’d like.  Time to actually make a sour dough starter instead of just intending to do so.  I read that yeast sales are up 300-600%.

I shopped at 6 am on Monday – seniors only. The store was not crowded at all, about half of the customers had on masks.  A mix of homemade, surgical and N95.  Only the self-serve cash registers were open.  

Once home, I wiped everything down and put it away.  Inventoried freezer again and am feeling blessed.

Did another seed inventory.  We are fine for this year but I will be saving seed from what I grow and from what I buy from the farm share/farmer’s market.  Thankfully farmer’s markets in our state are considered essential.  I’m grateful for that.

Got quite a bit of yard clean up done now that the snow is beginning to recede.  We had a gigantic oak taken down 6 weeks ago.  That will allow more sun into the area behind our house.  We hope to put up a fence and do a lot of vegetable container gardening.  We live in pretty dense woods so sunshine is at a premium.  I will be planting in every container we have.

Washed out baggies.  I’m putting the ‘waste not’ strategy into high gear.
Am just about done with two batches of homemade apple cider vinegar.  Starting another (found more peels and cores in a bag during freezer inventory).

Washed potatoes and carrots for stew the other night.  Saved the peels in the freezer for vegetable stock when I have a bag full.  Again, waste not.

Had 3 Zoom calls this week – my ladies’ Bible study, the kids and grands, and my sibs.  I sure do miss my grands.  This is a fun way to connect, though.  #2 son and family got a puppy.  A COVIDK9.

Called a dozen ladies from our church – just to make sure they are doing okay.

Thank you for your well wishes for the Resident Fisherman.  He is doing much better.

Did I mention the snow is receding?  As I type this it is snowing again.  They are forecasting 10-15".  Sigh.

Ah well, it will surely melt again.  In the meantime I wish you all the best.  Safe safe, be well and wash your hands.



1 comment:

Richard William said...

I am here to express my profound warm gratitude to the herbal medicine, which I got from Dr. Imoloa. I am now living a healthy life since the past 6 months. I am now a genital herpes virus free after the herbal medication I got from him. You can contact him for your medication Via his email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com/ whatsapp +2347081986098/ website www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com