Tuesday, January 29, 2008

winter clearance sale

In our continual quest to downsize, I inspected the contents of the rafters of the garage. Here is what I found:
6 pairs of cross country skis - 3 of them skate skis, three classical
two pairs of down hill skis
11 and 1/2 pairs of poles (okay boys, what happened to the other pole, c'mon 'fess up )
only 3 pairs of (boring gray) cross country ski boots

and two hockey sticks and pucks. There are also a couple of pairs of well-worn hockey skates around here somewhere too.

We probably won't need any of these in Tennessee (should we ever get there). We especially won't need the lone pole.

I haven't done any skiing for the past few years. I love to cross country ski, but there just hasn't been the right combination of weather conditions and time available, it seems. Plus, all my ski partners have up and left home.

I have wonderful memories of skiing with the boys as well as with our homeschool group on the trails a few miles east of us. There are several trails there. I even went on the black diamond trail. Once. Mostly sitting down. All the trails intersect at a little warming shed. There the chickadees are so tame, they will perch on your finger. They have been well trained by thousands of skiers who come and bring sunflower seeds for them.

I really should ski a few times before I turn my skis over to someone else. Not tomorrow though; the windchills are projected to be 35 to 45 below zero.


(Anybody besides me want to cancel Awana?) Monday the high was 41 (above). What a difference a few days make!

So, if anyone is interested in buying skis or knows anyone who is interested, please contact us. Reasonable prices!
edited to add: hockey pucks and sticks have been spoken for

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig's List. I hear that is a great place to sell things. It targets your own area so that you don't have to ship anything. Besides, I have no need for cross country skis. Sadly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri,
I have been trying to get on to check my e-mails and thats not happening. But I did want to say Hi. I sat out in the sun today and took a couple mile walk. It was kinda HOT, so I stopped and got a shake, strawberry. Enough of that. I just wanted to say Hi and I will talk to you soon.
Lova ya,
Ann